Guwahati, Saturday, December 18, 2010

80 villagers in Tripura fall ill after eating toxic food

 Agartala, Dec 18 (IANS): Around 80 people, including 27 women and three children, fell ill in Tripura after consuming poisonous food, an official said on Friday.

 

"After consuming curd made of expired milk, about 80 villagers fell ill and were admitted to the government hospital on Thursday night in northern Tripura's Salema," Dhalai District Magistrate Kiran Gitte told IANS over the phone. According to the Magistrate, the ailing villagers are out of danger.

The villagers ate the curd along with other food at a ‘shraddha ceremony'.

The State government has sent two medical teams to Salema, 130 km north of here, for treating the victims.