|50 people taken ill|
Kailashahar (Tripura) Sept 25 - At least 50 people, including women and children, were taken ill due to suspected food poisoning at Shantipara village in Unakoti district, official sources said today.
Sub-Divisional Magistrate Jayanta De who visited the village said at least 50 people fell sick after taking ‘prasad’ during a puja at a neighbour’s house at Shantipara last night.
At present 24 villagers, including women and children, were undergoing treatment at Fatikroy rural hospital, near the village. Three persons were shifted to Rajiv Gandhi Memorial hospital here as their condition was stated to be critical. – PTI