Guwahati, Tuesday, September 22, 2020
Today's EditionMain Weather Backissues Epaper Dainik Asam Videos Contact Us
ACIL gardens to pay 8.33% bonus, ex-gratia amount of 11.67%
Staff correspondent
 DIBRUGARH, Sept 21 - The oldest tea company – Assam Company India Limited (ACIL), now owned by BRS Ventures Investment Limited – has offered to pay bonus as per the Payment of Bonus Act to all its employees at 8.33 per cent and an ex-gratia amount of 11.67 per cent, totalling 20 per cent within the financial year.

 The agreement was signed between the management on behalf of some 14 tea estates of the company and the Assam Chah Mazdoor Sangha. As per the agreement, all eligible employees as per the Act will receive bonus 8.33 per cent and 11.67 per cent as ex-gratia making a total of 20 per cent. It was agreed that the first instalment of 15 per cent comprising bonus 8.33 per cent and ex-gratia 6.67 per cent of annual earnings would be paid to all eligible workers before the ensuing Durga Puja and the balance 5 per cent in January, 2021.

The workers’ body appreciated that the ex-gratia payment has been made as a gesture of goodwill and the workers have assured that they would maintain industrial peace and harmony before and after the payment.

The ACIL tea gardens include Digulturrung, Rungagora, Dinjan, Thanai, Nudwa, Hazelbank, Greenwood, Maijan, Borborooah, Khoomtaiei/Hajua, DoomurDullung, Mohokutie, Kotalgoorie and Kandoli tea estates. These gardens have near about 45,000 workers, both permanent and casual.

City »
State »
Other Headlines »
Sports »