|124 hospitalised after food poisoning|
AGARTALA, Sept 19 – At least 124 people were admitted to two hospitals with symptoms of food poisoning after consuming prasad at Barahaldi village in Dharmanagar district, about 210 km from here, officials said today.
Around 600 people consumed “khichudi prasad” on the occasion of Viswakarma puja yesterday at the house of Gurudas Das, they said.
After having the prasad, some of the people complained of felling unwell and started having loose motion and vomiting.
At least 124 people were admitted in Dasda and Kanchanpur sub-divisional hospital of the district yesterday and were being treated, Chief Medical Officer (CMO), Dilip Das told reporters. – PTI