Guwahati, Saturday, October 26, 2019
Today's EditionMain Weather Backissues Epaper Dainik Asam Videos Contact Us
National Dialysis Programme launched at Sivasagar
ANN SERVICE

Pijush Hazarika, Minister of State for Health and Family Welfare & National Health Mission inaugurating a free dialysis centre under the Pradhan Mantri National Dialysis Programme of the National Health Mission at Sivsagar Civil Hospital, on Friday. – UB Photos
 SIVASAGAR, Oct 25 - Inaugurating the 9th free dialysis facility at the Sivasagar Civil Hospital today under the Pradhan Mantri National Dialysis Programme in the Private Public Partnership mode, Minister of State for Health and Urban Development, Pijush Hazarika said that the State government has done everything possible to relieve the rural poor of the rapidly increasing costs of health services and nearly Rs 80-90 lakh is spent on them everyday on an average. The Minister said that the Atal Amrit Yojana has benefited 1,07,50,00,00 families in India so far. Hazarika said that the State government under the leadership of Sarbananda Sonowal and Dr Himanta Biswa Sarma, has already set up 85 model hospitals in the State, mostly in rural areas.

The Minister said that only 726 doctors pass out from the six medical colleges, 40 per cent of them go for private hospitals and the rest 60 per cent doctors are not sufficient to cater to the medical needs of millions of patients. The State government in the last three-and-a-half years has set up eight new medical colleges and over 2000 medical graduates will be produced after a couple of years. He added that 95 per cent of the doctors and medical fraternity have been doing their best to help the needy.

The meeting held on the occasion was presided over by Dr MS Lakshmipriya, DC, Sivasagar and was addressed among others by MP, Jorhat HPC Topon Kr Gogoi, MLA Thowra LAC Kushal Duori, Director, NHM Dr Achyut Baishya, Superintendent, Sivasagar Civil Hospital Dr Rajiv Barua, Dr Prasanta P Sarma.

City »
State »
Other Headlines »
Sports »