Guwahati, Sunday, November 17, 2019
Today's EditionMain Weather Backissues Epaper Dainik Asam Videos Contact Us
Close shave for train passengers
 GUWAHATI, Nov 16 - Passengers of the Indore-Kamakhya Express had a close shave today when the train suffered from break binding after one of the axles of a coach overheated.

The incident took place at around 11.20 am near the Assam-West Bengal border.

The station master of the Kamakhyaguri railway station noticed smoke coming out from the axle and raised an alarm. The train was stopped at the Jorai station.

“Fire brigade personnel with three fire extinguishers were pressed into service to douse the smoke. The train was stopped at Jorai for over an hour and the ‘break binding’, which had occurred due to the hot axle, was repaired. Later, the train departed for Kamakhya,” said Nripen Bhattacharya, public relations officer of NF Railway.

There were no injuries to any passengers or railway staff, he added.

City »
State »
Other Headlines »
Sports »