Guwahati, Wednesday, May 16, 2018
Today's EditionMain Weather Backissues Epaper Dainik Asam Videos Contact Us
 
One electrocuted
Correspondent
 ITANAGAR, May 15 - In a tragic incident, a 29-year-old casual worker (lineman) of Power (Electrical) Department of Arunachal Pradesh died of electrocution while installing new electric poles near Borduria village, 8 km from Khonsa, the headquarters of Tirap district, around 11.45 am today.The deceased, identified as Wangkho alias Akho Wangsa, a native of Pongchau village under Longding district, came in contact with live wire while installing new poles and died on the spot, according to an official release here.

Three other casual workers of the department’s Khonsa division sustained severe injuries in the incident. The injured - Bothak Wangsu of Chatting village, Tephiam Lama of Borduria and Wanghun Lowakho of Paniduria village - were immediately evacuated to the Assam Medical College and Hospital, Dibrugarh for further treatment.

City »
State »
Other Headlines »
Sports »