Guwahati, Sunday, August 2, 2020
Today's EditionMain Weather Backissues Epaper Dainik Asam Videos Contact Us
Sikkim Chief Secy reviews revised lockdown guidelines
A Correspondent
 GANGTOK, Aug 1 - Sikkim Chief Secretary SC Gupta today chaired a meeting of the State task force to discuss the revised guidelines of lockdown issued by the Home Department on Friday, which will come into force from August 3.

The Chief Secretary reiterated that the revised guidelines have been prepared after thorough deliberations. He called for strict vigilance and monitoring in this regard.

Gupta reiterated that the guidelines clearly speak about reopening at the local level. He said that movement of vehicles and people would continue to be restricted beyond the stipulated local area.

It was clarified that twin townships like Rangpo-Mamring, Singtam-Adarsh Gaon and Jorethang-Naya Bazar will be considered as one local area subject to regulations relating to containment zones.

The Chief Secretary pointed out that the guidelines aim at restricting unnecessary movement and allowing necessary movement within permissible limits. The idea is to facilitate gradual resumption of economic activities, he said.

The meeting discussed the detailed SOP regarding inter-State movement of vehicles carrying essential commodities, and the safety protocol to be followed by drivers and helpers.

The meeting also discussed the latest SOP issued by the Health Department regarding prescription of home quarantine for those having adequate isolation facilities, after recommendation from a medical team.

The meeting was attended by Principal Secretary, Home, R Telang, Principal Secretary, Health, K Shrinivasulu, heads of line departments and senior officials. It was also joined by district collectors, SPs, chief medical officers and other officials through video conferencing.

A PTI report from Gangtok adds: Eleven more people have tested positive for COVID-19 in Sikkim, taking the Himalayan State’s caseload to 650 on Saturday, a senior Health official said.

All the new infections were reported from East Sikkim district, Director General-cum-Secretary, Health, Dr Pemba T Bhutia said.

East Sikkim has so far reported the highest number of cases at 464, followed by 143 in South, 42 in West and one in North Sikkim districts, he said.

The fresh infections have pushed the number of active cases in the State to 380, while 269 people have recovered and one COVID-19 patient has died.

City »
State »
Other Headlines »
Sports »