|63 families homeless in Arunachal fire|
ITANAGAR, April 23 – Altogether 63 families, mostly tenants, were rendered homeless after their dwellings were reduced to ashes in a devastating fire that broke out at Naharlagun near the DC’s office complex, officials said today.
On seeing the inferno emanating from the buildings, reportedly owned by two landlords, the occupants ran to safety leaving behind their personal belongings including important documents and other valuables last evening, officials said.
There was, however, no report of any casualty or injury in the fire, which appeared to have occurred due to electric short-circuit, said sources.
The firefighters had to toil hard to bring the blaze under control.
The extent of property loss was yet to be assessed. Police said cause of the fire was yet to be ascertained, adding that an investigation is on.
The local administration made a make-shift arrangement for the homeless at Naharlagun community hall.
Moreover, as an immediate relief, the affected families were provided Rs 2,500 each by the administration and Rs 2,000 each by Techi Kaso, MLA.
E-governance: The Arunachal Pradesh Government was contemplating to cover all districts including all administrative headquarters under the e-governance project for effective administration, official sources said.
The State Government has evolved an Administrative Reform Policy to cover all administrative centres under e-governance in the 12th Five Year Plan, the sources said
Tuki said in the past three years the State Government approved creation of one district, 18 administrative circles and one sub-division with total financial implication of Rs 18.72 crore.