|Major tragedy averted|
BARPETA, April 12 - A major tragedy was averted in Fakharuddin Ali Ahmed Medical College in Barpeta on Tuesday afternoon due to the consciousness of a few employees. According to information, a fire broke out in the CT Scan chamber of the hospital at around 6 pm on Wednesday which was noticed by the security personnel.
Soon they activated the fire extinguishers and informed the fire brigade. The fire was brought under control before it could turn devastating. However, it already caused damage to the wiring and some minor equipments of the room.